- Fixed a bug on the source-signing tool that was preventing unencoded URLs from being used as image paths
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause graphs on the Analytics view to be rendered blank until the user scrolled
- Also made some general performance improvements to the Analytics view when scrolling
- Fixed font rendering issues on Windows.
- Added the ability to sign in directly on viewport widths <1050px. On viewport widths <480px, sign-in is only available in the dropdown menu.
- The Source views, including the interfaces for creating, editing, and deploying Sources, have all been rebuilt from the ground up to be more intuitive, easier to use, and prettier.
When I set out to build imgix 6 years ago, I was very aware that we were asking our customers to trust us with something fundamental to their success: the visual performance of their product. To earn that trust, we need to provide the best value, performance, and reliability.
Sadly, we have failed in that commitment over the last few weeks. Our performance has not been at the level our customers demand of us. Worse, with the entire team working around the clock to fix these problems, we have been unable to communicate what was happening. This is unacceptable to me.
I want to personally apologize to any customer who felt that imgix did not value their business during this time. We built imgix to enable our customers to do great things, and that partnership must always be built on trust and open communication.
In that spirit, I want to speak bluntly about the issues we have had, explain why they happened, and let you know what we are doing to make things right. A number of factors have contributed to imgix’s recent performance problems. We have solved some of them, and are working hard on the remaining issues and taking further steps to keep situations like this from impacting our customers in the future.
- Fixed three minor issues with how paths are sanitized and encoded. See this pull request for more detail.
- Fixed an issue with the URL signing tool where URLs given as paths for web proxy Sources weren’t being encoded properly.
Upcoming Source Deployment Upgrade
- On 3/15 from 1-3PM PST, we will be upgrading our backend systems to improve Source deployments. The imgix dashboard will be unavailable during this time, but images will continue to serve normally.