Effective on July 3rd, 2017, the imgix-community Slack will close.
imgix is dedicated to providing excellent support to our customers. In order to best focus our efforts and offer the best service possible, we will be dedicating our efforts to email. Support will continue to officially provide support via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to us via our Twitter account.
Please reach out to us for all of your support needs. We’re happy to help!
- Fixed a bug that prevented URL signing from working, by no longer naively encoding URL path components
- Added Javadoc and source JARs to the build artifacts
- Fixed a bug issue that was displaying some dollar values on the Billing view with three decimal places instead of two
- Improved the display of null values in the “big figure” analytics numbers on the home view
- Added a tooltip to better explain the “Cache TTL Behavior” deployment field
- Updated and expanded the API documentation for greater clarity, fixed a few bugs, and added a new front page to more easily get to the section you’re looking for
- Fixed issue with
image_tag()and updated to version 2.1.4
Updated Caching Options
To make best practices for caching with imgix easier and clearer, we made a couple of changes:
- Introduced new caching options on the Source configuration page, so you have more granular control over how imgix interacts with any
Cache-Control: max-ageheaders present on your Master images.
- Updated the Source setup guides (Amazon S3, Web Folder, and Web Proxy) to more clearly explain the behavior of each caching option and how best to set it.
- Fixed a pair of bugs when signing URLs where the path component contained URL-encoded characters.
- Fixed an issue with the URL signing tool where full URLs with query strings provided as the “path” component of the URL were getting their query strings appended to the resultant signed URL rather than encoded and signed properly.
- Fixed a bug in the source editing & creation views where error messages were not being shown properly when submitting invalid S3 credentials.
- Fixed font readability issues on Windows.
New Edge Nodes
- Expanded our CDN with a new node in São Paulo, Brazil, following recent nodes in Dubai, Madrid, Paris, Johannesburg, Montreal, and Toronto.
Updated Page Weight Tool
- Refreshed Page Weight with improved feedback & suggestions about how to optimize your website’s images.
Today, we’re announcing expansion of our network to 33 edge nodes worldwide, with support for a new node in São Paulo, Brazil. We now have nodes in more than 16 countries worldwide, including recent additions in Dubai, Madrid, Paris, Johannesburg, Montreal, and Toronto.