- Tweaked the explanations of some fields on the Source details table for clarity.
- Spruced up the Dashboard’s empty state and offline view with some nice illustrations.
- Fixed a bug that was causing pricing details on the billing view to be displayed incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed a layout bug on the Source URL-signing view.
New Edge Node
- Added an additional US edge node in Houston
- Rearranged the Billing view and added new editable fields so you can update information that appears on your invoices: VAT number, billing address, and PO number.
- Fixed a bug on the invoice table that was causing invoices with totals of $0.00 to show up truncated.
New Edge Node
- Added an additional Brazil edge node in Rio de Janeiro
By design, the experience of using imgix is pretty seamless. Once a Source for photos has been set up, you simply put the parameters for the transformations you need into a photo’s URL and it is almost instantaneously served to your specifications.
Yet this seeming simplicity actually hides a lot that’s going on under the hood. Requests are rendered and then fulfilled by a robust content delivery network with a sophisticated caching layer. This means the request actually goes through quite a few more steps than you might expect.
There are big benefits to this sophisticated approach—it cuts latency, improves stability and maximizes performance. Yet it also has some implications for how imgix is best implemented. For that reason, we thought it might be useful to give an overview of what happens at each stage in the process.
- Identified and fixed an issue where progressive JPEGs were being rendered at lower than expected quality
- Fixed an issue with the
trimparameter, which was removing 1 extra row of pixels on the right and bottom edges in some cases
- Added an optional field for users to record their phone number in addition to their email address, to help us with account management.
- Fixed a bug that was causing our requirements-checker to disallow mobile browsers from logging in.
- Fixed a broken link to our docs on the support view.